Program Keypad for One Garage Door (CodeDodger 2)
Create Your Wireless Keypad PIN (Personal Identification Number)
On your wireless keypad:
- Press in order 3, 5, 7
- Press the PROGRAM key
- Enter your PIN (3 to 8 characters)
- Press the PROGRAM key again.
- Close keypad cover and wait 30 seconds
Program the keypad for a single door
On the power head:
- Press and hold the PROGRAM button until both LED lights turn BLUE
- Release button. Only the round LED will remain BLUE.
- Press and hold the PROGRAM button again then release. The Long LED will blink PURPLE
- Enter your PIN number using the keys on the keypad
- Press the UP/DOWN button. LEDs will stay on solid.
- Press the UP/DOWN button again. LEDs will turn off.
- Press any key to stop opener. (It will automatically stop at the fully open or fully closed position.)
- The keypad backlight will turn off in approximately 30 seconds.
NOTE: If the door does not move, check the LED on the keypad. If the LED is blinking rapidly, the PIN was entered incorrectly. After the LED stops blinking, re-enter your PIN ad try again. Any keypad button will control the door for 30 seconds after the door starts moving. Rapid blinking of the red LED indicates an error. After a few seconds the LED will turn off. Start over.
Proceed to the Mounting Instructions.
The keypad must be mounted in sight of the door(s), at least 5 feet above the ground and clear of any moving door parts. Mounting screws are located inside the battery compartment.
- Remove batter cover and batteries
- Drill a 1/16" pilot hold for the tip mounting screw.
- Install a screw into the drilled hole, leaving a 1/8" gap between the screw head and the wall.
- Hook the keypad over the screw.
- Mark and drill pilot hole and fasten bottom screw.
- Install batteries and cover.
Change Your PIN
- Enter your current PIN and press the PROGRAM button
- Enter your NEW PIN and press the PROGRAM button.
Using A Temporary PIN
A temporary PIN allows temporary access to your home by repair persons, meter readers, etc.
- Enter your current PIN and press the PROGRAM button 3 times.
- Enter your temporary PIN and press the PROGRAM button.
NOTE: Do NOT reprogram the garage door opener(s). Temporary PIN remains active only until the next time your normal PIN is entered.
Forgot Your PIN (Resetting Wireless Keypad)
- Press and hold the PROGRAM button
- While holding the PROGRAM button, press and hold the UP/DOWN button for 5 seconds.
- Release both buttons. You must now start from the beginning and reprogram you wireless keypad.
- If the keypad backlight does not come on, this indicates the need to replace the batteries.
- Press in on the front of the battery cover and slide it down off of the keypad.
- Remove used batteries and replace with "AAA" batteries.
- No programming is lost during replacement of batteries.