We know that within most markets there are companies and individuals who prey on consumers, especially ones who are not fully aware of how to locate a professional. Unfortunately, this is true within our very own industry and profession.
Here are 10 tips for consumers when choosing a garage door company:
1. Does the business have a brick and mortar office in the community?
2. Has the business provided you with names of satisfied customers?
3. Have you checked with the Chamber of Commerce?
4. How long has the company been in business?
5. Does the company carry insurance?
6. Many companies are members of the International Door Association, these firms adhere to a strict Code of Business Practices.
7. Many companies are also accredited by the Institute of Door Dealer Education and use IDEA certified door technicians.
8. Does the company install and repair products in compliance with local, state and federal codes?
9. If you are in need of only repair or service work, make sure you obtain a firm estimate prior to authorizing the work. If the cost seems extremely unreasonable, it probably is.
10. Although it may seem unimportant, are the company vehicles clean and professionally signed? Do they include a contractor license number?