A garage door is an important component to any home. It represents much of a home’s façade and is your home’s largest piece of moving equipment. But you know little about garage doors. How are you going to choose a door and have it installed to your satisfaction? Keep reading below to find out the three most important things you need to know.
No. 1: What kind of door should I buy?
Garage doors are typically made of three different types of materials: metal (steel or aluminum), wood or vinyl.
• Metal (steel/aluminum) garage doors are among the most popular today (80% of the American and Canadian market).The cost of a steel door is lower than a door made of any other material. Aluminum is mostly chosen for its weight. They may be ordered in many colours. Both are insulated and require very little maintenance.
• Wood garage doors have been around for the longest period of time. Wood has a natural beauty and is versatile. It may be painted or stained. The quality of a wood door varies from wood composite to solid wood construction. They are available in a very wide price range. The more you pay, the better the quality.
• Other materials such as vinyl or fibreglass. Vinyl garage doors are completely maintenance free. They are scratch resistant. While the initial cost of a vinyl door is greater than doors made of other materials, the long-term cost is lower.
No. 2: What company should I buy from?
You want to look for a company that:
• is professional and courteous;
• supplies references from previous customers upon request;
• provides their technicians with uniforms and clean trucks;
• carries adequate insurance.
No. 3: Where do I purchase a garage door?
There are three types of retailers to choose from when purchasing a garage door: mega home-supply stores, door and window dealers, and garage door specialists. We strongly suggest that you deal with a reputable garage door specialist such as Overhead Door Company of Brookfield. We will send a sales representative to your home and have a showroom that you and your family can visit so that you can see exactly what you are buying. We employ our own installers and technicians and will guarantee materials and labor. Our motto is “Quality work time after time!”
In the end, if you remember just one thing, it should be that a garage door’s performance and long-term durability depend as much on the quality of the installation as on the quality of the product itself.
Call Overhead Door Company of Brookfield at 203-740-7691 now for a free estimate or click the link below.